Wanderers plan their re-opening on August 3rd
We all hope you and your families are keeping well and you have not been too badly affected by the World Pandemic, which has had a huge impact on so many.
As you are aware we were forced to ‘Close’ our doors on 23rd March 2020, but there appears to be the possibility of some light at the end of a very long tunnel. For a number of reasons we were not in a position to re-open the Club using the ‘Outdoor’ facility when this condition was relaxed by the Government some weeks ago. In essence it was a matter of safety, which influenced our decision to remain closed. However, with the further relaxation of the ‘Lockdown’ instructions, we are planning to open on Monday 3rd August 2020.
I am sure, many of you are looking forward to being able to take a trip to the Memorial Ground and join us at Glamorgan Wanderers RFC. We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your patience and loyal support.
You will all realise, this terrible virus has not gone away and in order for us to ‘Open’ we will need to impose a number of terms and conditions for the safety of our Members and our Staff.
Firstly, as stated we proposed to ‘Open’ The Club for Business on Monday 3rd August 2020. Our Trading Time(s) will change to Monday – Thursday 14:00hrs – 20:00hrs.
Friday & Saturday 12:00hrs – 21:00hrs
Sunday 12:00hrs – 20:00hrs.
Entry to the Club will be for ‘Members Only’ by use of the Fob System. This is to comply with the Government Guidelines and assist with the Tracking and Tracing requirement. Further recommendations for person(s) attending the Club are as follows:-
- Only one Person per Members fob to enter the Club at any one time.
- You will be required to Sanitise your hands upon entering.
- Social Distancing must be complied with.
- Orders to be taken and Paid for at one end of the Bar & collected the other end.
- Payment by Card where possible.
- No standing within the sectioned off bar area once served.
- Restroom instructions to be complied with.
- Details of attendees will be recorded.
- Temperature checks will be conducted.
- Members will be asked to use the furniture provided in both the Main Bar and Foxhunter Lounge – either with person(s) from your personal bubble, household or respect the recommended Socialising distancing.
- The Manageress / Staff as authorised by the Management Committee may Limit the number of persons permitted to enter / remain on the premises for Safety Reasons.
Any Member who has mislaid their Fob should contact Kelly to purchase a replacement.
The question of Membership Fees will no doubt be raised, however, the fees and renewal dates have yet to be decided. As you will all appreciate, because of the circumstances, we as a Committee have not been able to meet to discuss these matters. We are mindful of the length of the ‘Lockdown Period’ and this will be considered when we are able to make the appropriate decisions and you will be updated in due course.
Kelly and members of her staff are keen to open the Wanderers facilities and welcome you back to the Club. They will be doing their very best to make everyone comfortable and in a safe environment. We also require you as members when attending the Club to comply with the Guidelines, which will be on display.
Thank you once again and very best wishes.
Gerry Blake and All the Club Committee.